Gdynia, date 01.07.2020
Director of the National Marine Fisheries Research Institute
announces an open competition for the position of an assistant
at the Department of Fisheries Oceanography and Marine Ecology
Persons who meet the conditions set in Article 43 of the Act on Research Institutes and the Code of Conduct for the recruitment of researchers at the National Marine Fisheries Research Institute can enter the competition.
I. Requirements for a candidate:
1. Higher education in biology, biological oceanography or fisheries, at least a master’s degree.
2. Experience in work related to scientific and research activity in the field of biology and ecology of early developmental stages of fish, including practical performance of field and laboratory research; planning and conducting experimental research using closed aquarium systems or RAS systems, compiling results and preparing publications;
3. Experience in studying the microstructure of fish otoliths would be an advantage;
4. Scientific achievements in the field of biology and ecology of early developmental stages of fish measured by the number of scientific publications, their quality (Ministry of Science and Higher Education points) and the number of citations, with particular regard to those publications in which the candidate is the first, second or correspondent author.
5. Scientific activity in the field of biology and ecology of early developmental stages of fish measured by the number of speeches at scientific conferences, both national and international, with particular regard to personally delivered presentations at international conferences.
6. Readiness to declare performing research in agricultural sciences: zootechnics and fisheries.
7. The right to perform experimental works on animals in accordance with the Regulation of the Minister of Science and Higher Education on training, internships and apprenticeships for persons performing activities related to the use of animals for scientific or educational purposes (Journal of Laws 08.0-5.2015, item 628).
8. Experience in working on scientific and research vessels and small vessels (fishing boats), health conditions enabling such work and obtaining the Maritime Health Certificate.
9. Possessing the Maritime Health Certificate, STCW training, seaman’s book and junior sailor’s qualifications will be additional advantages.
10. Good knowledge of English, knowledge of Polish will be an advantage.
II. Career prospects or a brief description of research in which a candidate would participate in.
The duties of the person employed at the announced position will include scientific work in the field of biology and ecology of early developmental stages of fish. The following will be required:
1. creative scientific activity, consisting in solving scientific and developmental problems;
2. making efforts to gain research projects;
3. dissemination of scientific achievements through publications and active participation in scientific life;
4. participation in field works, including participation in research cruises aboard small vessels and large research vessels (multi-day cruises);
5. aptitude for laboratory work, including the use of binoculars and microscopes.
III. The list of required documents:
1. Curriculum vitae along with information on scientific and organizational achievements:
a. information about education and employment;
b. information on participation in research projects, including their source of funding and role in the project, detailing projects in the field of biology and ecology of early developmental stages of fish, as well as experimental research using aquarium systems or RAS systems;
c. list of scientific publications, including scores according to the binding list of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education, with the number of citations and the calculated Hirsch index. The list must be prepared based on the SCOPUS database;
d. information on participation in scientific conferences, specifying papers and posters;
e. information on cruises made on research vessels (with the name and flag of the vessel) and small vessels (fishing boats), with an indication of the body of water and an estimate of the number of days at sea;
f. information on completed scientific internships;
g. information on awards and distinctions received;
h. declaration of readiness to perform research in agricultural sciences: zootechnics and fisheries.
2. Copy of the diploma(s) proving education.
3. Copies of documents confirming other required permissions.
4. Opinion of an independent researcher.
5. Declaration that the Institute will be the primary place of work when employed.
IV. Place and date of submitting the documents:
1. Offers shall be sent via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, message entitled “Competition for the position of an assistant at the Department of Fisheries Oceanography and Marine Ecology”
of by traditional mail (the date of receipt is decisive) at the following address:
National Marine Fisheries Research Institute
ul. Kołłątaja 1, 81-332 Gdynia, POLAND
with a note on the envelope: “Competition for the position of an assistant at the Department of Fisheries Oceanography and Marine Ecology”
2. The deadline for submitting documents is on 31.08.2020
V. The competition will be resolved by 15.09.2020
VI. The employment will take place in accordance with the Labor Code. Remuneration according to the NMFRI Remuneration Regulations
VII. Information clause for candidates.
In accordance with article 13 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter referred to as GDPR, we inform that:
1. The controller of your personal data is the National Marine Fisheries Research Institute (NMFRI) with registered office at Kołłątaja 1 Str. 81-332 Gdynia, POLAND.
2. In matters concerning your personal data, you can contact the Inspector of Data Protection via e-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of competition at the NMFRI in accordance with article 221 §1 of the Act of 26 June 1974 – the Labor Code, Act on Research Institutes, and in the scope of data not required by law on the basis of your consent.
4. The recipients of your personal data are the NFMRI employees, and in particular the members of the selection board.
5. Your personal data will not be transferred to a third country or any international organization.
6. Your personal data will be retained at the NMFRI for 6 months after the end of competition process.
7. You are entitled to access your personal data and the right to correct, erase, limit the processing of data, the right to transfer the data, to raise objection, withdraw your agreement for processing your personal data at any time.
8. You are entitled to bring a complaint to the supervisory authority, i.e. to the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data (PUODO) ul. Stawki 2, 00-193 Warsaw, POLAND, in the case of finding that the processing of your personal data violates the provisions of the GDPR.
9. Providing your personal data is a condition of participating in the competition for a researcher, which is why you are obliged to provide them. The consequence of not providing personal data will be the inability to conclude a contract. Providing data not required by law is voluntary.
10. Your personal data will not be processed in an automated way and your data will not be profiled.