This is a parallax text block. Click the edit button to change this text.
About the department
- Biology, ecology and taxonomy of the following groups of organisms:
- young fish
- Assessment of the state of fish food supplies;
- Mapping of marine and freshwater fish spawning areas;
- Examinations of fish larvae with the application of otolith microstructure;
- Ecology of the invasive species;
- Assessment of the marine environment condition with a particular attention paid to:
- assessment of the size of biogenic components inflow to the Baltic Sea from various sources on the territories of Poland;
- assessment of the level of marine environment pollution with antropogenic waste, with particular attention paid to microplastics.
Apart from the research work, the Department conducts the following expert activities:
- Complex biological studies of the marine environment, including the studies conducted in connection with the construction and operation of marine infrastructure (submarine installations, wind farms, hydrotechnical structures);
- Complex assessment of the impact of human activities and ventures conducted in the sea areas on the marine environment;
- Mapping of bottom habitats in marine areas;
- Defining natural determinants in spatial development plans of marine areas;
- Analyses of spatial data in the Geographic Information Systems (GIS);
- Ecological modelling.