This is a parallax text block. Click the edit button to change this text.
About the department
The basic task of the Department of Processing Technology and Mechanization are scientific, research and development activities as well as research services for the fishing industry in the field of technology modernisation and fish processing mechanisation as well as the assessment of fish or invertebrate raw materials or products.
The basic tasks of the Department are:
- studies and assessment of the value in use of fish and other seafood raw materials,
- development studies in technologies of processing fish raw materials for food, feed or technical products,
- research and design works connected with mechanization of single operations or fishing industry processes,
- development of systemic solutions as well as training in fish processing technologies, including quality control – for external clients,
- developing technological and technical assumptions as well as expert opinions on fishing industry processes and operations – for external clients.
|Prof.Eng. Andrzej Dowgiałłofirstname.lastname@example.org||+48 587-356-185|
|Prof.Eng. Andrzej Dowgiałłoemail@example.com||+48 587-356-185|
|Dr.Eng. Bogdan Pawlikowskifirstname.lastname@example.org||+48 587-356-184/180|
|Engineering and technical employees|
|Dr.Eng. Mariusz Kosmowskiemail@example.com||+48 587-356-361|
|M.Eng. Dorota Janiszewskafirstname.lastname@example.org||+48 587-356-181|
|M. Eng. Katarzyna Komar-Szymczakemail@example.com||+48 587-356-276|
|M.Eng. Kamila Koziełfirstname.lastname@example.org||+48 587-356-209|
|Krystyna Igras-Zielińskaemail@example.com||+48 587-356-189|
Main projects (since 2010)
- Innovative technologies of obtaining valuable market products from fish raw material waste. 2010–2013. Implemented under the Operational Program “Sustainable development of the fisheries sector and coastal fishing areas 2007-2013” together with the University of Science and Technology in Bydgoszcz.
- Complex system of processing carp into modern food and feed products. 2010–2013. Implemented under the Operational Program “Sustainable development of the fisheries sector and coastal fishing areas 2007-2013” together with the Koszalin University of Technology.
- Port utilization of contaminated process water from unloading of fishing vessels, which use the chilled sea water systems to keep and transport fish (CSW and RSW). 2010–2013. Implemented under the Operational Program “Sustainable development of the fisheries sector and coastal fishing areas 2007-2013” together with the University of Science and Technology in Bydgoszcz.
- Seafood safety and quality in terms of the zoonotic and toxicological hazard: risk assessment, monitoring and mitigation. 2016–2019. Project implemented as part of the BIOSTRATEG program “Natural environment, agriculture and forestry”. Contractor of the technological part.
- Development of a programme for using modern, complex carp processing technologies in aquaculture farms and fish processing plants. Guide. 2019–2022. Project realized within the framework of the Operational Programme “Fisheries and Sea” for the period 2014-2020.
- Replacement of the production of Baltic cod products with new products from other fish species in fish processing plants due to the introduction of Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2019/1248 regarding the ban on cod fishing in the Baltic Sea from 22 July 2019. 2020-2021. Project realized within the framework of the Operational Programme “Fisheries and Sea” for the period 2014-2020.
Trade fairs (since 2006)
|29-31.05.2007||9. International Fair of Seafood Processing and Products Polfish 2007 in Gdańsk. Mercurius Gedanensis Medal for a carp deheader
|6-18.06.2009||10. International Fair of Seafood Processing and Products Polfish 2009 in Gdańsk. Mercurius Gedanensis Medal for a machine for cutting bones in fillets
|19-21.10.2010||12. International FoodTech China/Interfood Shanghai
|31.05-02.06.2011||11. International Fair of Seafood Processing and Products Polfish 2011 in Gdańsk. Grand Prix for a table piece cutter for cyprinidae
|22-24.05.2013||12. International Fair of Seafood Processing and Products Polfish 2013 in Gdańsk. Mercurius Gedanensis Medal for a deheader with circular cut and the Cup of the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development for the dainty carp fillet without bones
|22-24.05.2013||17. Fair of Equipment and Supplies for Gastronomy, Shops and Hotels Gastroexpo 2013 in Gdańsk. Special mention for the fishbone cutter for cyprinidae fillets
|7-9.06.2017||14. International Fair of Seafood Processing and Products Polfish 2017 in Gdańsk. Cup of the Minister of Maritime Economy and Inland Navigation for universal fish scaling machine
|29-31.05.2019||15. International Fair of Seafood Processing and Products POLFISH 2019 in Gdańsk. Mercurius Gedanensis Medal for Vacuum gutting machine for whole or deheaded carps and other cyprinids|
Patents (since 2006)
|2010||Dowgiałło A., M. Kosmowski, D. Dutkiewicz. Device for cutting bones. Patent 204940.|
|2010||Dowgiałło A., D. Dutkiewicz, M. Borczochowski. Method of cutting bones in gutted deheaded cyprinidae. Patent 204699.|
|2011||Dowgiałło A., D. Dutkiewicz. Method of producing high-energy extruded feed for fish. Patent 209299.|
|2011||Dowgiałło A., M. Sikora, W. Żywicki, E. Reszka, L. Zakrzewska, M. Pawłowska, T. Turek. Machine for deheading small pelagic fish. Patent 211038.|
|2011||Dowgiałło A., M. Sikora. Device for processing gadidae after filleting. Patent 211039.|
|2011||Dowgiałło A., M. Sikora. Table device for cutting bones in cyprinidae fillets. Patent 211040.|
|2011||Dowgiałło A., M. Kosmowski. Device for placing small pelagic fish on a conveyor. Patent 211336.|
|2012||Dowgiałło A., M. Kosmowski. Device for deheading fish. Patent 213010.|
|2013||Dowgiałło A., Kosmowski M.: Method for cutting bones in cyprinidae slices. Patent 214805.|
|2013||Dowgiałło A., Kosmowski M.: Device for cutting bones in cyprinidae slices. Patent 213551.|
|2014||Dowgiałło A., Żywicki W., Reszka E. Pasteurizer for pasteurizing food products in sealed packagings. Patent 216347.|
|2015||Dowgiałło Andrzej. A. Device for crosswise cutting cyprinidae carcasses. Patent 219145.|
|2015||Dowgiałło A., Kosmowski M., Sikora M. Device for deheading cyprinidae. Patent 220744.|
|2015||Dowgiałło A., Kosmowski M. Method of deheading cyprinidae. Patent 220878.|
|2015||Dowgiałło Andrzej, Pawlikowski Bogusław, Kołodziejski Wiktor, Diakun Jarosław. Method of producing blended cyprinidae fillets. Patent 222116.|
|2015||Dowgiałło A., Kosmowski M. Method of cleaning fish skins. Patent 222115.|
|2015||Dowgiałło A., Kosmowski M. Device for cleaning fish skin. Patent 222114.|
|2017||Kosmowski Mariusz, Dowgiałło Andrzej, Sikora Michał. Device for the mechanical opening of the fish abdomen. Patent 225977.|
|2017||Kosmowski M., Dowgiałło A., The method of individual fish descaling. Patent 226155.|
|2017||Kosmowski M., Dowgiałło A, The device for individual fish descaling. Patent 226156.|
|2018||Dowgiałło Andrzej, Kosmowski Mariusz. Device for processing remains after slicing cyprinids. Patent 230613.|
|2018||Ageev Oleg, Dowgiallo Andrzej, Fatykhov Yurij, Samojlova Natalya. Device for cutting food products. Patent of Russian Federation 2671900|
|2020||Dowgiałło A., M. Kosmowski. Device for the transverse cutting of frozen fillets and carcasses. Patent 235560.|