In January 2020 the results of the Election of Members of the Scientific Committees of the Polish Academy of Sciences for the term of office 2020-2023 were approved. The members of the Committee are selected by the scientific community. We are pleased to announce that as many as five NMFRI researchers have been elected to the Polish Scientific Committee on Oceanic Research of PAS:
- Dariusz Fey,
- Professor Jan Horbowy,
- Magdalena Podolska,
- Eng. Iwona Psuty
- Barbara Urban-Malinga.
The Polish Scientific Committee on Oceanic Research – PAS – was established in 1961. Its purpose is:
- integration of the scientific community in oceanology and related marine sciences;
- creating a forum for the presentation and exchange of scientific ideas;
- facilitating the exchange of scientific research results and needs and experiences between science and the economy;
- developing expertise for administration and economic, governmental, local-governmental and other institutions;
- to serve as the National Committee for Cooperation with the International Committee SCOR (Scientific Committee on Oceanic Research)
- giving opinions on the applications for the PAS membership, the awards of the Prime Minister and the Dean of the Faculty III of PAS and the candidates for the National Science Centre Council.